A large part of your day-to-day life is based on getting small micro lenses . Micro-objectives are things we can achieve in a week or less if you focus on them and without much use in many aspects of life, including personal finances.
Advancing through the achievement of micro-objectives brings you closer to the achievement of larger objectives .
Micro Objective Examples
Let’s see two examples of two possible micro-objectives:
Learn about personal finance
Read 2 books or blogs about personal finance. It is important that you have as much knowledge as possible about different aspects of personal finance and what better way to do it than spend a week reading a couple of books or blogs about personal finance. Take note of what interests you and discard what works for you.
If you are able to read a book on personal finance every week, after one year and approximately 52 weeks you will be an expert on the subject and if you have applied what you have learned your finances will have improved greatly.
Buy a home
If you are thinking of buying a home, set the exact amount of money you can spend. Study the neighborhood where you want to buy it, the size of the house, the number of rooms, etc. And you can do this in just one week. And it will get you close enough to achieve the goal of buying a home.
Both are tasks in which really their duration is greater than a week or a few days but that dividing them into these small micro-objectives becomes much more manageable and gives you the feeling of gradually moving towards them.
A List of Micro Objective Potentials
Well, you may be wondering how can you use this micro-objective idea to improve your financial results? There are many tasks in personal finance that can be done in a short period of time but are complicated to complete in a single day.
Here is a list of potential micro-objectives that can improve your financial situation:
- Improve the energy efficiency of your home : Change your old light bulbs for new energy saving light bulbs. The higher expense is offset by the savings in the electricity bill month by month.
- Prepare a certain number of meals in advance : Dedicate yourself to preparing 2 or 3 complete meals that can be stored in the freezer for later use.
This way you will not be tempted to go out to eat and spend extra money. You only need to defrost the food, heat it and enjoy it.
- Organize your financial documents : Buy a classification folder and separate your financial documents to keep them fully organized and find them immediately when you need them on occasion.
- Set small financial challenges : Implement the challenge without expenses for a day or the challenge without expenses during a weekend . That is something complicated for you but that is not something impossible to do. For example, try to spend a week with the television completely off .
- Design a simple investment plan for a long-term goal : What would you have to do to pay for the house you want in 12 years? Plan in detail the long-term objective you want to achieve to start implementing it the next day.
Obviously, micro-objectives can not only be used in personal finances but also in many areas of your life since they are very effective in keeping you focused and motivated in a task and produce a great sense of accomplishment when you finish it.